Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Dream


Ezekiel 34:7 (NIV)

7 “‘Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord:



     Obedience is not always easy.  But it is the only way.  This is one of those times.  It was a little over a month ago in the middle of the day, I was busy doing something, when a picture flashed through my mind.  It was a man's genitals.  Instantly I told God, "I don't know where that came from.  I'm sorry God."  Before I could say anymore He interrupted, "You made it sexual.  To me it is only a body part."  After a few seconds, I asked if He had put that in my head or was it the enemy.  He took responsibility.  I right away thought about how many times I had heard God does not give us sexual visions or dreams.  The Lord's answer to me was, "Remember Adam?  The fig leaf was his idea."  Okay, so is there a point to this little exercise?  Or are you just pointing out the differences between my thoughts and Yours, Lord?
     About a week later, I realized there was a lot more to it than I knew.  I woke up one morning totally disgusted by a dream I had.  I was busy rebuking evil spirits and begging God for forgiveness.  I'm sorry Lord, I know that was the enemy.  Or was it?  God??
     "That was from Me."
     "I don't believe it, Lord.  That was sick."
     "I wanted you to see how sick it really is."
     I started my day without talking about it any further.  This was not going to be talked about with anyone else either.  The old teaching of God does not give perverted dreams was far out weighing my trust that He was giving me a message.  There has to be something wrong here.  That had to be the enemy.  If it was You Lord, interpret the dream.  Tell me what it meant.
     First off He explained the man in the dream.  He was from the 70's with long brown hair swept to the side.  He wore a green T-shirt and jeans.  What was he doing?  He was raping sheep.  There was no nudity.  And even though I knew they represented the whole flock there were only two sheep.  Their faces were almost cartoonish as one's expression was disgust and the other's was confusion.  Explain this dream to me Lord. 
     "Man in his natural state is raping my flock.  Even though they know something is wrong, they continue to trust the shepherd."
     It was over the next few days and actually weeks that I would come back to the Lord and ask Him to explain more.  One day, out of the blue, the Lord asked me, "Why were there only two sheep?"
     I knew they represented the whole flock, but it was true, there were only two.  I immediately got the word division.  Some see it and they are disgusted and leave, while the others continue to trust.  This is dividing the Church.  Those who are leaving are left wandering, looking for a shepherd they can trust.  But now they are looking through fear.
     I asked the Lord for another word about what He wanted me to know.  I heard the word, "Wolf".  Well, obviously.  Not much of a clue.  Remembering the man was from the 70's I googled the 70's and as I read something stood out to me "Tom Wolfe"  He wrote an article called "The Me Decade and the Third Great Awakening" 
     Okay God, what does that mean?  The shepherds are in it for themselves.  Rape is about control.  Sex with an unwilling partner is about meeting your own needs and not caring how the other party feels or what they want.  The Me Decade! 
     There was one more important piece of the dream that I had forgotten about until this conversation with the Lord.  For one split second before the dream ended, I saw he did not have human genitalia.  He had a dogs.  First of all, that makes sense if he is a wolf.  Second, the Lord asked me what a dog means to me.  Well, it can mean a demonic spirit, but I also believe it can mean an unbeliever.  The Lord said, "He is doing it to them with his unbelief.  His unbelief is allowing the demonic to control him."
     Now what?  Now the anger comes.  Why?  Why is he doing this, but more importantly WHY are you telling me?  Why?  What do you want me to do about this?  Who is this shepherd?  The Lord said it is more than one.
     Why would He give me this dream?  I have prayed about it.  I have prayed for the leadership and pastors who are being deceived.  I have doubted it was God and finally asked for confirmation.  A word from the Lord should be backed up by scripture.  Ezekial 34 was the first scripture He gave me and then 2 Peter 2 and the list went on.  Because I do not know the Bible like I want to, I know it was really Him giving me scripture.
     This morning, again, I asked why He would give me this dream and why He would ask me to share it here.  He began by comparing a shepherd raping sheep to a child being molested.  Hmm.  Maybe this is because of my anger at the people who blindly follow.  I don't feel that anger anymore.  In fact since the dream, my heart has grown hugely for the flock.  I remember as a little girl knowing what was happening was wrong, but aren't we all supposed to trust adults?  He had told me at one time that I would be working with abusers.  Now I had to ask exactly what that meant. 
     The Lord has told me how angry he is.  Over and over he has explained to me how it upsets Him when He sends someone out to represent Him and they only think of themselves.  He has also shown me how His heart aches for these shepherds who are being deceived and greedy.  Who are wounded and it is through those wounds that they are being deceptive.  Exactly why the sexual abuser abuses, because they once were abused.  These shepherds were abused by religion, so they turn around and do the same.  Religion once controlled them, so now they will control religion.  The whole cycle is very sick.
     He also explained that without repentance those who harm a child, be it literal or spiritual will suffer.

Luke 17:2 (TLB)

2-3 If he were thrown into the sea with a huge rock tied to his neck, he would be far better off than facing the punishment in store for those who harm these little children’s souls. I am warning you!
“Rebuke your brother if he sins, and forgive him if he is sorry.

     There is also scripture about responsibility.

1 Peter 5:2-3                    
Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

1 Timothy 3:1-16           
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

     Now, the flock is to respect and honor their leaders, but that's not what this dream was about.  We do have a responsibility to NOT put man above God.  I have done this.  It is not right.  Man will fail us and putting him on a pedestal does harm to both of you.
     We do have a responsibility to check all teachings with the bible.  ALL.  We cannot put our salvation in another person's lap.  It is our responsibility.  Even though the responsibility of being a shepherd is huge, he is only a messenger and we are to check the messages.  The enemy will twist the truth.  It does not have to be a bold faced lie to be deceptive.  It's okay to judge a shepherds behavior in fact we should be judging the shepherds behavior.  And we should give grace and mercy if he repents.
     A good shepherd will answer your questions when you ask him to prove himself.  I know this, because I am always asking the Shepherd of all Shepherds.  He loves to engage in conversation.


1 Thessalonians 5:14-18

14 Dear brothers, warn those who are lazy, comfort those who are frightened, take tender care of those who are weak, and be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else. 16 Always be joyful. 17 Always keep on praying. 18 No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to have the ugly dream but it makes perfect since to me as Aba was explaining it to you. Your in my prayers as you minister TRUTH to people.
    Love you much.
    Donna at 3:42am

    ReplyDelete