Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Enemy x3

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”
George S. Patton Jr.


     I believe in these days the attack on the believer is bigger than ever.  The enemy knows he has lost this war.  I believe he is making a last ditch effort for the jugular.   I think the tests that are coming are big.  I have been watching "The Bible" series on the history channel and several things have stood out to me and I am forced to ask myself how I would have acted in some of those situations. 
     We have heard these stories many times over the years and we no longer realize the magnitude until it is acted out on the screen and sometimes we still don't see it.  When all the people bowed to King Nebuchadnezzar and we see Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego standing tall in the middle of a crowd of people who are on their faces, it took my breath.  I would like to believe that I am the kind of person who would be standing with them, but I can't honestly say I would be that brave.  They knew they would be thrown in the fiery furnace.  This story has always stood out to me.  I have learned in the last months that whenever I step out in obedience and faith God shows up.  (I don't even smell like smoke.)
     The enemy hates us, but don't you think every time he loses that hatred grows, frustration grows, and urgency grows when he knows he is close to the end.  He has come against the Church and many churches have closed their doors.  I can't help but think of the three strand cord.  The enemy imitates God as much and as often as he can.  With the attacks on 9/11 for instance, it stands out to me that he used 3 planes.  The number 3 represents divine perfection.  Here are some examples;

Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
God - Omnipotent (all powerful), Omnipresent (all present), and Omniscient ( all knowing)
Jesus - The Way, The Truth, and The Life
Universe - Time, space, and matter.
Human ability - Thought, word and deed
Locations - Heaven, Earth, and Hell

     In the enemy's effort to imitate Christ it would make sense that he would recognize the power in the number three.  I have read that he often uses a combination of three demonic spirits together.  For example let's say he would use the spirit of familiarity with the spirit of perversion and the spirit of heaviness.  Make sense?  If we were to look for comfort in the familiar, then fall into the temptation of the perverse, and then beat our selves up with the spirit of heaviness a vicious cycle begins.  I think most addicts would agree.  The longer we stay in this cycle, the deeper it is ingrained and even when the spirits are cast out, we have formed habits that are more difficult to break.  Because of our emotional attachment, I believe it is easy to unknowingly and/or unwillingly invite the spirits back.
     Many times the bible warns us of false prophets.  Isn't that an imitation?  The gifts are important and I believe the enemy imitates them to scare believers away from using them and/or trusting the people who do.  This is why it's so important to develop the ability to hear God.  We have to stay in a close relationship with Him and know His voice along with His written Word to protect ourselves from the enemy.  We also have to remember who the true enemy is.  Many times in the bible when the word "enemy" is mentioned people think of the last person to come against them.  More times than not, I believe He is talking about the demonic world.

    If the enemy uses the strength of a three strand cord, I'm wondering if the battle with the flesh, the world, and the demonic is a tactic of his.  The enemy whispers a suggestion in our ear, the flesh says, "That would feel good." and the world says, "It's okay by my standards."  I believe he uses all three together.  I find it interesting that the word tribulation begins with - tri.

John 16:33

King James Version (KJV)
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

     As I read through the Bible there are many places that I notice trios in verses.


Romans 5:3-5

New International Version (NIV)
 

Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.



1 Thessalonians 1:3

King James Version (KJV)

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
 
 
 

Matthew 22:37

King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.


     I think three examples is enough.  I would guess that Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego gained strength from standing together.  A relationship between two people is stronger if it's a trio with God.  Okay, how about one more?  I asked God and this is what He gave me.  Do with it what you will.
 
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment