Total Pageviews

Friday, April 19, 2013

Knowledge

“I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn’t know.”
Mark Twain


     How many times have we heard the statement, "They need to ..."  The government needs to...  She needs to ... with her kid.   He needs to ... with his wife.  The owner of that company needs to...   We all think we know what everybody needs to do.  The funniest statement is "I don't know what they need to do, but I would... "  Well, then obviously they think they know.  None of us has all the pieces, not even in our own life, so how can we know what someone else needs?
     We all get words of knowledge from the Holy Spirit if we are willing to ask for them and willing to hear them.  He was sent to help us and comfort us.  God is all knowing and when we make decisions on our own, we are blinded by our own fears, wants, and needs.  We can't help it, we are human.  When we think we hear the Holy Spirit's guiding in our life through a word, we always need to check it.  I often ask others to pray and see if God gives them the same word.  I will usually ask a couple people.  I know that my wants get in the way. 
     We are selfish beings.  When we live on milk it is for comfort and it is fed to us, but when we live on meat we have to hunt for it and I believe this includes words through other sources.  I have gotten three different words on where God wants to take me.  Three different positions that are tightly connected, but still are three different words.  I won't focus on any of the three, in case my own feelings get in the way.  I am waiting to see and following step by step.  This life is full of major decisions and we need to focus on the Holy Spirit and our relationship with Christ to be led in the direction He wants us to go.  Any other direction is around a mountain.  The consequences and lessons brought with a wrong turn can be expensive and painful. 
    In all things follow His direction, because only He knows where the next earthquake is going to hit.  Only God knows all that happened yesterday and all that tomorrow will bring.




“That is just the way with some people. They get down on a thing when they don’t know nothing about it.”
Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn  

No comments:

Post a Comment