Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mood Setters

“Tell me what you listen to, and I'll tell you who you are.”
Tiffanie DeBartolo, How to Kill a Rock Star

   
     I had a cat once that I did not like.  I planned to give her away when her kittens were old enough.  I would lock them on the back porch at night and stuff things under the door, but every night she would get into the house and to get even with me she would go to the bathroom in my bathtub.  I hated that cat and she hated me.  I can handle a lot of creepy crawly things, but mice send me over the edge.  Actually any type of rodent will make me make faces and do dances that would make people think I was very ill.  At one time we had mice getting into our house and I threatened to move, until my step-dad found where they were getting in and plugged the hole.  You first have to find where they are getting in before you can close that entrance.

     The enemy sometimes uses a little truth and an imitation of God to get to us.  Sometimes he opens doors to lead us astray that God has to slam shut on us.  I have had to pay close attention to the doors the enemy opens.  I have to pay even closer attention to the doors he is crawling under.
     I have seen people who have not smoked a cigarette in 30 years, absolutely light up when they get a whiff of one.  I mean light up like in their eyes, not literally.  The sense of smell is a very strong memory trigger.  Dinner cooking or the county fair are pleasant smells that bring back good memories.  I have walked into a house and smelled something I couldn't even identify, just their family smell and had to leave.  The feeling that came over me was terrifying. 
     The one thing that people don't seem to realize how much it can affect a mood is music.   I see people in church with their arms in the air and tears streaming down their faces from a good worship song.  I have seen people close their eyes and get lost in a favorite song.  Music can overwhelm us.  Music is something I have to be very careful about.  I love music, all kinds, but it sets my mood.  It can take me back to horrible places.  I can hear a bit of a song as a car drives by and my mood changes.  Sometimes I don't realize it right away.
     I never liked scary movies.  I always felt they were opening a door for the enemy.  Music can be the same thing.  Smells can be do the same damage.  Be aware of what changes your mood.  This country is so numb to the workings of the enemy.  We have such a hard time believing the whole supernatural, spiritual world.  In this country when someone hears voices, we say they are mentally ill and medicate them so we don't have to deal with it, but in other countries they know and acknowledge the person is dealing with demons.  We watch those ridiculous shows where people are trying to make contact with ghosts, lost souls from yesteryear.  They think they are talking with some little girl who was burned in a fire 100 years ago.  Newsflash - that is a demon who is imitating a little girl to get into your heart.  Those people don't seem to realize they are playing in a very dark world and the demons are playing with them.  When little girls die in fires, God doesn't send them to walk halls late at night.  If they are His children He takes His children home.   If they are not...well, you know.

“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”
Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment