Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Brother

     My brother was born a year and a half before me.  In 1964 he was diagnosed epileptic and mildly retarded.  He has the mind of a 7 maybe 8 year old.  He goes to God every day like a small child.  As we grew up I had a lot of difficulty with him, because I felt his needs always came before mine.  He was smarter than my parent's gave him credit for.  There were several disagreements between my parents on how he was to be raised.
     As an adult, my brother lives in a group home.  He actually has an apartment of his own, though there is a staff on call in an adjoining apartment at all times.  My brother spends a lot of time praying for the little things that every one else forgets.  He prays for people to stop smoking and to get along.  He also is a very giving person.  He is constantly giving away his possesions to people who need them more.  My parents must have done something right.  I believe he is special to God. 
     I had always wanted a "normal" big brother who would protect me.  Maybe if I had a big brother who was not mentally challenged, I wouldn't have been abused.  One day riding in my car, I told God I had always wanted a big brother to protect me.  He told me, "I gave you one.  He faithfully prays protection over you every day."  Sometimes God answers prayers in unexpected ways.  I am blessed.

Afflictions eclipsed by glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment