Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Who is hiding in your closet?

“It is easy to use the phrase 'God's will for my life' as an excuse for inaction or even disobedience. ... My hope is that instead of searching for 'God's will for my life' each of us would learn to seek hard after 'the Spirit's leading in my life today.' May we learn to pray for an open and willing heart, to surrender to the Spirit's leading with that friend, child, spouse, circumstance, or decision in our lives right now.”
Francis Chan, Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

     I started out my new mission (to find what is calling us back to the pit) by asking God to show me what He wants me to know about this.  Where He took me was not at all where I expected.  But, when is it?  He took me to a friends house to give.  That makes sense.  In this life with Jesus, we give to receive, we are blessed by blessing others and we love because He first loved us.  I left there with a book.  I was so drawn into this book immediately so I knew I was on the right track.  The enemy is trying desperately to tell me otherwise, but God is making it clear to me that this is what He wants to show me at this time.

     First of all we love "familiar".  An old chair, a favorite pair of jeans, home, and family.  No matter how messed up it is, no matter how beat up the chair, how many holes in those jeans, no matter the degree of dysfunction, there is a safety in the familiar.  This is why we even go back to those who abuse us.  The familiar things of this world give us a false sense of security.  Addictions and affairs are two good examples of a false satisfaction of the flesh. 
     Our families for generations have done the same things, like maybe we have been farmers, or lawyers.  We have passed down recipes, trades and antique furniture.  We have the same chins and noses.  Often we pass down beliefs, religions and diseases.  What about demons?  What about curses?  So great-great-grandpa Jones has an affair.  If we look at the family since then, we have several affairs, teenage pregnancy, homosexuality and several other sexual sins.  Or maybe we have passed down cancer, depression, or abandonment. 
     What I am seeing is that we have to open the door to sin.  The enemy has no power until we open that door.  Once we do, an assigned demon moves in and brings family.  Even if great-great-grandpa Jones asked  for forgiveness, he still fights the demon.  He has to actually cast off the demon. What if he stops there?  It's still in the house.  So he drives it from his house.  Then his son walks through the door and guess who is on his back?  And his family is on our family.  The family is cursed with sexual perversion because of great-great-grandpa Jones.  The family for generations has carried a family of demons.  We let them in our homes and on our land.  We have to take it back. 
     I'm not sure how we do this exactly, but I have learned a few things.  The cure for sin is love and forgiveness.  We have to forgive grandpa for what he has welcomed into our family.  We have to cast the demons off our families, out of our homes, and even off our land. 
     Demons aren't only assigned to a person.  Think about the town of New Orleans or Las Vegas.  If we could see the demonic as clear as the people we pass on the street, I think we would be overwhelmed with the ugliness and influence they exercise in these towns and many others.  Where I grew up has it's demons.  I have heard this from people who have lived there and people who have visited.  The county I live in now is infested.
     If forgiveness and love are the cure for sin, don't we have to love this county and our towns enough to forgive the sins of the past.  These so called "ghost hunters" are really demon hunters.  Demons portray themselves as small children and such to gain attention and even sympathy from those misguided souls who seek them out.  We hear of haunted houses and haunted towns, but what we are really talking about is demonic infestation.  There was a lot of drunkenness, prostitution and murder where I live.  Those demons are still lurking here, assigned to keep this town from being what God intends it to be.
     It seems a little hopeless, but it's not.  God is more powerful than a family of or a town full of the assigned demonic.  He can wipe out this town in a blink of an eye.  But, what I think He wants is for us to do it.  Take back our families, our homes, our land and our towns, states and country.  He has given us all that we need to do this.  The weapon of His choice is forgiveness.  What would happen if we all started forgiving our ancestors who have accepted the curses on our families?  Or if we all started forgiving the old timers who committed sin in our towns?  What if we forgave those who sinned in our homes.  If you go back and look at the history of one house and all the sin committed there from affairs, to abuse, from gossip to murder and really forgave the sinner, you take the power from the demon.  I have to read more on this.  I'm only sharing what I have seen so far, but it makes sense.  I do know that the Holy Spirit is the one to reveal these things to us.  We should ask Him to show us where we need to forgive and what curses we need to break.   
     If we open the door to the demonic with sin, then we need to and can shut the door in Satan's face with forgiving the sinner.  We can't just throw him in the closet, because that's where sin is comfortable.  Jesus is love and to love is to forgive, so shine the light of forgiveness so bright, the enemy runs back to the darkness of Hell.  That should be the only place he feels welcome.

 
Interesting how we prefer to see the Bible as a rule book, a collection of principles to follow when life gets rough, rather than as a revelation of God's heart. We prefer instructions on what to do over an invitation to connect our hearts with his and to then do whatever he reveals. - Larry Crabb

No comments:

Post a Comment