Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to the Cutting Board

"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not." C.S. Lewis

     In my quest to get closer to God, I have had an eye opening, eye weeping experience.  It's seems like I should have gotten this already, but I did not.  Back to the onion.  We look at peeling the layers of the onion away to get to the dirt of our problem.  I have asked God repeatedly, how do I get closer to you when it's so scary?  He first brought up the peach.  I peeled the skin off with facing my past.  When I actually wrote out my story of abuse I got into the sticky meat of it, but there is a pit that has to go.
     How do we get rid of the pit?  We move to the onion.  I realized peeling away the issues and getting deeper into the onion was about becoming healthy.  What I did not realize was the layers of the onion keep God back.  With each layer peeled away, God can move that much closer.  He will not force Himself on us.  And really who wants to push into an onion?  You come out smelling pretty bad.  Our onion is made of sin, either ours or someone else's but it's pretty closely related after too many years.  The abuse does not keep us from growing and learning to love, it's the lies we believe surrounding the abuse.  As you break through the layers of lies with the truth God automatically gets closer to the real you in the middle, because He is the Truth.  It all seems so simple when He shows us a picture. 

God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain C.S. Lewis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment