Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Whew, what stinks?

“The very first tear he made was so deep that I thought it had gone right into my heart.”
C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 


     Typical day in the life... Ha.  Sitting here on the couch, not sure what to do with my time.  I'm staring into the kitchen wondering what that awful smell is.  Yep, it's something in the fridge.  Stinks.  It's been there over the last couple days.  It didn't stink one day and the next day, it was overwhelming.  What happened?  We pulled out what we thought it was and threw it in the garbage... outside.  Wow, that wasn't it.
     We take turns digging around in there, sure we have found it, throw it away.  NOPE.  Still stinks.  This doesn't even make sense.  Who has this much questionable food in their refrigerator?  I HATE a stinking fridge.   
     Then the Lord says to me, "It's like a heart."  What?  Do you want to explain that a little further, because I don't want my heart smelling like that.  Aww, I get it.  The fridge is where we keep His words.  Food for our soul.  We have to put fresh food in and pull the old rotting stuff out.  Hmm.  If you leave it in there every time somebody opens the door all those around us get knocked over with the smell.  There is a light in there for a reason.  Many as kids have tried to see if the light stays on when the door is closed.  The light should always be shining on the bad things in there so we can find them and throw them out. 
     Hmm, now what?  Movie or nap?  Heal my fridge? 

“The heart never takes the place of the head: but it can, and should, obey it.”
C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man    

No comments:

Post a Comment