Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm here or RUN?

“Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson



     Yesterday a group of seven women got together to start out the New Year with breakfast and prayer.  I think we were there about five hours.  Each one of us was given time to stand in the center of the circle of friends and be prayed over.  Doors were opened, walls fell, and a lot of tears too.  We talked about how equal we felt.  It's like we take turns leading as the weariest move to the back to be protected as they regain their strength.
     This morning one woman is on my mind.  She is the shortest in the group.  She FEELS like she is the shortest in the group if that makes sense.  Sometimes she can't see what's going on.    We even joked yesterday about me lifting her up so she could see in the mirror.  This morning God showed me the David in her.  Often times when we hear the story of David and Goliath we question what we would do in David's shoes.  
     This morning, God is talking about the importance of encouragement.  Let's be honest here, would we help David find the perfect stones?  Would we say something like, "Run home, get under your bed, I will cover you."  I have thought a lot about this this morning.  A short time ago I would have told him to get under his bed.  I may at times take risks, but I don't encourage people I don't want to lose to take risks.  Today, I would encourage him to listen to God.  If God says find stones then I will help you find those stones, but if He tells you to hide under your bed, I will distract the enemy until you get there.  Well, unless He tells me to stay out of it all together.  
     Part of becoming more like Christ means to see ourselves and others through His eyes.  When God tells us to step up and step out there is nothing like having a fellow believer, a friend's eyes light up and say, "Where are you going to look for stones?  I believe in you and I believe you will defeat this giant."  God chose you for a reason, He sees what you can't.  Our mirrors should be the eyes of Jesus.


“Remember, man does not live on bread alone: sometimes he needs a little buttering up.”
John C. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment