Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heathens!!

“A man by his sin may waste himself, which is to waste that which on earth is most like God. This is man's greatest tragedy and God's heaviest grief.”
A.W. Tozer
     Picture this movie scene, it's used often; A person is in a car driving by someone standing on the sidewalk and the scene changes to slow motion.  The car is barely moving, the two people lock eyes and much is said without words.  I had this happen last night on the way home from work.  I was driving by a bar and there were a few people on the sidewalk, but one woman, for some unknown reason, caught my attention.  We locked eyes and it felt like I was in slow motion.  She was a very thin woman, who appeared very tired and worn out by life.  There was something in her eyes.  At first I couldn't figure out what it was about her, but then I realized it was sadness mixed with hopelessness.  She looked at me like I may have the key to the chains that held her.  Her eyes haunted me all night.  When I thought back to her standing there not only did I see a group of people standing a few feet away, but I could feel and see demons mingling with all of them.  They were whispering in their ears and pulling them back inside for one more round.  They weren't about to let a "Jesus freak" walk into the place to mess up their party.  The thing that bothered me the most is how do they find out there is hope?  Which one of us will go to those places where the demons are in control and pull these souls out of their clutches? 
     I was a partier for most of my life, always looking for something to fill that void, maybe this man will do it, another drink, or maybe this crowd, but nothing did it.  I couldn't go back to that life now.  Maybe the hole I've been trying to fill is still there, but it's smaller.
     As I kept thinking about that woman, I wondered what her life was like before that moment that our eyes met.  Did she dance as a child, unaware of the world around her?  Did she sing at the top of her lungs, just a little off key?  Who put the first chain on her for Satan?  Was it somebody making fun of her with their words?  Did she lose someone very important to her and nobody comforted her through it?  Where was the first chain placed?  Around her ankles to stop her dancing?  Was a muzzle placed over her mouth to stop her from singing?  What was it that chained her arms to her sides so she no longer raised her hands in class?  Did Satan issue a special blinder through abuse that she no longer could see any of the beauty in the morning air? 
     How old was she when she no longer had to have the chains put in place by others, but the enemy had her trained to put them on herself?  Does she walk slower from the weight?  Can she no longer hold her head up high, from the chain of shame? 
     People pass by all the time and see those people on the street.  It's easy to picture the demons doing their dirty work and those people don't do anything to dig themselves out of that deep dark pit.  Haven't you heard the judgement?  A car passes by in slow motion with a nice little God-loving family and they stare.  You can almost hear them saying, "There are too many bars in this town."  They've said it many times, "What kind of person enjoys that life style?  Heathens, that's what they are, heathens."  Look really close - can you see it?  Right between Mom and Dad Believer sits a demon with his arm around each of them and a smirk on his face.
‎"When Jesus comes back, it won't be to rescue the church from the world, it will be to rescue the world from us!" - Graham Cooke
    

No comments:

Post a Comment