Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pain

“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
C.S. Lewis



     There is so much pain in this world. Some days I find it hard to get out of bed when I think about all the people who are hurting every day. From broken hearts to broken bones, From the severe blow to the chronic pain. Migraines, break ups, injuries to the body, heart and soul, pain is every where and everyone has felt it. Once a person has become a parent they realize the willingness to suffer for another like never before. But what is more difficult, to be in pain or to see someone you love in pain. We ask God over and over throughout our lives, why? Why does He allow the pain? We seldom think about the fact that He suffers with us. He feels our pain. If you are a parent you should understand this. We allow our children, or we should allow our children to suffer through pain at times to learn and to grow.

1 Peter 4:12-13
New International Version (NIV)

Suffering for Being a Christian
12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

     
     He doesn't always tell us why. There are painful times of suffering that will not be explained to us until we are with Him in Heaven. Think about what you do as a parent when you see your child suffer. You may cry with them. You may comfort them, unless they need to feel the whole pain. But you always hurt with them. Your heart always feels for them, even if it is a lesson they must learn. If it is a lesson, you watch them to see how they react. Is the lesson being learned or is bitterness taking root?

Judges 6:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”


Job 3:24-26
New International Version (NIV)
24 For sighing has become my daily food;
my groans pour out like water.
25 What I feared has come upon me;
what I dreaded has happened to me.
26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil.”


     We hang on to hope. Trust that He loves us. Have faith there is a purpose.


Matthew 26:38-41
New International Version (NIV)
38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping.“Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”


     All pain has purpose or He wouldn't allow us to go through it. It is for His glory. Our growth, maturity and wisdom, our good times and bad all have purpose. He chose what we would face and it is much easier to feel abandoned and unloved than to think He would allow pain for a good reason, but Jesus suffered through pain like none of us will. He did it willingly, He did it publicly, He did it without crying out or accusations. He suffered through it for us. Will we do it for Him? Jesus is proof that the greater the pain, the greater the purpose. He kept His eyes on the Father and did it for the future. The greater the pain, the greater the compliment. God trusts you with that pain.  

“As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment