Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Jesus loves you...yeah you!

“Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim--letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor.”
C.R. Strahan

     Some people find it strange, but I really don't like too be labeled as a survivor.  To me it's making my life all about surviving.  I am also a Mom, Grandma, Friend, and many other things.  Shaking off the victim role is not always easy, because it is so ingrained that we don't even realize we are thinking that way.  I recently found out, I am a "Why Baby".  This is not a compliment.  Asking God "Why?" puts us in a victim mentality.  We should ask, "What is this about?" and "What can I do to align my will with Yours?" according to Graham Cooke.   Makes sense, even if it hurts a little.
     I had turned off the computer and was getting very close to crawling into bed when God started talking.  I asked Him why He always waits until I'm wanting to go to sleep to talk to me.  His reply: "Why do you always wait until you're tired to listen?"  I think God has a great sense of humor.  I must sleep, therefore I must write.  He won't let me get one moment of shut eye until I write this out.
     A very well respected friend once said to me, "All abusers were abused, but that doesn't mean all victims of abuse turn around and abuse."  Well, on a Higher Authority, I have to disagree.  I believe without healing all abuse victims abuse.  We hear about the child molester who was molested.  The parent who beats his or her children because they were abused.  We don't talk about the self abusers.  People who were abused, but have the sense, heart or just "know not to" abuse others, turn it inward.  They abuse themselves with addictions, by not taking proper care of themselves.  There are cutters, anorexics, over eaters, verbal self abusers etc. etc.  One might think it is not fair to put these people in the same category as a child molester, but God said, "They are doing damage to my child, whether that child be some one else or themselves."  I'm not going to argue with that.
     What I am going to do is tell all of you who have abused, others or yourselves, (the twinge in your gut is the Holy Spirit getting your attention.)  God does not want to talk about your sin.  As He looks down on you right now, He has no interest in that sin, you are forgiven, it is finished.  What He does want to talk about, what He does want to show you is who sees when He looks at you.  You are His child.  There is nothing you can do to make Him stop loving you.  You are His beloved.  He will never leave you or forsake you.  He has a plan for you.  You have purpose.  Ask Him to show you and He will.

     The most amazing thing to me in my walk with God is His kindness.  Every time I approach Him and begin to talk about the sin I have committed and all the things I have done wrong, He changes the subject and starts giving me pictures and words about who I am in Him and what His plan is for me.  Sometimes when I pray with my hands stretched out, palms up, I can feel the weight of His hands in mine.  At first I questioned, but now I just believe.  He showed me.

“God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.”
Mother Teresa


“He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.”
C.S. Lewis


“And out of that hopeless attempt has come nearly all that we call human history—money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery—the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.”
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment