Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Truth never changes.

John 14:6  New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

Hebrews 13:8  New International Version (NIV)
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


     Dave will be traveling out of the country.  He was telling me about sending his writings to this country to be translated before he gets there.  I didn't say anything to Dave, but I have a fear of translation.  How does he know that his words will be translated correctly.  It may not even be intentional, but how easy would it be to mis-translate by hearing the message through your own field of experience.  This is a whole new culture and words have different meanings.  You have to trust your translator.  
     Being a newby in anything is a vulnerable position.  I have a deep fear of being misled and because I know that God put Dave in my life intentionally to help me know Him, I have a trust in Dave that only gets stronger.  Many times I pass messages by him that I have gotten elsewhere.  One of the reasons I trust Dave is because sometimes he says, "Good question.  I don't know."  
     We have heard many times that a woman's definition of 5 minutes is different than a mans when they are getting ready to go somewhere.  It's also different when shopping.  It's even more different when the game has only five minutes left.  But 5 minutes is 5 minutes.  5 minutes is 300 seconds.  This is what I want to know and it gets me in trouble some times.
     I know a person who is so insecure that whenever a new person joins the group, she attacks.  She basically courts them.  Convinces them that she is good and then plants seeds about other people.  It's really sad to watch these new people take attitudes about people they don't even know because of this one person.  I love it when a strong mind enters the group and obviously believes her own findings.
   In reading Hebrews this morning, I came across the familiar verse "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever".  There is really no way to get that wrong.  In John we read that He is the way the truth and the life.  If Jesus is the truth and He never changes, then the truth never changes.  The truth is the truth.  
     I was thinking how many times I have told a story and then as I listen to a friend tell what we experienced they exaggerate.  For a long time I've been the person to sit quietly and let it go, but now I have to speak up and correct people if the facts are significant.  It's as simple as if I paid $10.00 or $50.00.  If I tell somebody I only paid ten and they rush down to get their own and the price is fifty, what does that say about me?  The truth is the truth and just because I say it was $10.00 does not make it $10.00
     I wrote my story.  I wrote it all down and got it out of me.  Before I let it out to the public there will be things I take out because they don't really matter.  There will be things I take out so people aren't hurt.  But the story will be true before I share it.  So this morning God asked me how I would feel if I put all that effort into writing out my story for the benefit of hurting people and somebody came along and rewrote parts of it, added to it, and called it the truth.  Even slight changes, like five minutes can change the whole story.  I would be devastated.  Especially for anyone hurt by it.  He knew.  It's happened to Him.  Whenever God makes a point as big as that to me, where I find myself saying, "I get it.", then we just sit quietly, not talking, only understanding the truth.  The Holy Spirit is our translator.  Given to us to understand the Truth.

Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

No comments:

Post a Comment