Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Good Morning

He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find him the rest of the day.
John Bunyan


     Sometimes God wakes me early.  I think of Him as an excited parent who can't wait to start the day with me.  (It keeps me from grumpifying)  I was sitting on the deck with my coffee listening to the morning, the traffic in the distance, the birds singing, and the quiet.  I was suddenly overwhelmed with His presence.  I could feel Him sitting there with me enjoying the same sounds of morning.  When you're close to someone you can enjoy time together without words.  I have come to love these times the most.
     This morning, I was thinking about my grand kids.  When ever they stay, I look forward to seeing which one wakes first, because we always have some quiet time together before the rest of them wake and the day is forced to begin.  The oldest will wrap herself in the moment, sit by me where ever I am and repeat several times, "I love you, grandma."  The next in line wakes grumpy, so I sit next to her and rub her head until she finally looks up at me with a huge smile.  The third likes to cuddle while watching cartoons, usually placing my arm around him if I don't get it there fast enough.  The fourth as little as he is whispers in the mornings, because the others are still sleeping and it melts me as he describes his favorite toys, while rubbing his eyes, his hair tweaked.  The fifth goes for the snack drawer before he is awake.  Before he falls over we sit on the kitchen floor and share a snack without words, only smiles.  The sixth I haven't been blessed with sharing a morning with her yet.
     I believe this is how God sees each of us in the morning.  He meets us however we need Him and waits to see if we will spend a little quiet time with Him.  It doesn't have to be quiet for Him to hear my heart, but if I stay really still and listen, I can hear His.


Prayer is being - with - God. As a lover, God desires our presence, as we long for God.
Elaine Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment