Total Pageviews

Friday, June 8, 2012

Reading the Bible

     Months ago I realized I had become one of those people that at one time in my life, I thought was weird.  I realized I couldn't wait to get home from work so I could study.  I watched videos, read books, and talked to God like a friend instead of a mechanic going over the details of a badly needed repair.  I learned a valuable lesson early on.  The enemy does not want us to learn anything about God and what He has for us.
     Lately, I have heard several people say, "I try to read the Bible, but I just can't seem to stay focused."  I totally understand this.  I would pick it up and the words seemed to be in a foreign language.  I would read and have to go back and read over each word again.  They floated on top of my brain instead of sinking in.
     My step-dad who is always in the middle of a book, decided to read the Bondage Breakers so he could understand the demonic attack I have been under.  He reads everyday, but when he picked up this book, he couldn't focus and could only read small portions each time.  My mom had actually started the book and gave up, because she wasn't able to understand it.  These are two intelligent people who read all the time.  It has nothing to do with their ability to comprehend what they are reading.
     I believe you cannot be posessed by demons if your heart belongs to Jesus, but they can still influence people by confusing their thoughts and speaking negative messages.  When I first began to study, I learned I had to pray first.  I would ask Jesus to keep my own thoughts and any demonic influence from me.  I would also ask that He help me to get every single thing He wanted me to know out of whatever I was reading or watching.  It really works. 
     I laugh when I hear people say they wish there was an instruction book on life.  The Bible is that book.  It also is our biggest weapon against the enemy.  If you were reading a book called, "How to make Kayleen disappear", I would probably be tempted to talk really loud so you couldn't concentrate.  I would probably tempt you with food or maybe a good program on TV.  I might just hide the book, distract you every time you tried to remember where you put it.  I would do whatever it took to keep you from reading if I knew it would actually give you the power to make me go away.
     Try it today.  Pick up the Bible and ask Him to speak to you.  Ask Him to keep demonic influence and your own thoughts from getting in the way and only allow His teaching.  It's amazing what you will learn and how your desire to read will grow.  More than the enemy wants to keep you out of the book, God wants to keep you in it.

Jesus loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment